Monday 31 December 2012

Top 50 of 2012

It's that time of year again, and if you're like me, you've been anxiously waiting 366 days for this post to appear.  My sister was a bit surprised by my methods, but it's not that complex.  Over the year, if I hear a new song I like, I add it to a playlist that I whittle down to fifty songs at the end of December.  It requires patience and the ability to make some tough choices, but I think I managed to pull it off.  This year I was also more careful to include songs recorded or released in 2012; it's only fair.  Enjoy all fifty of these as much as I did, and enjoy tonight's festivities with the people you love.  Why not make a playlist out of these to crank?


A Rose For Epona – Eluveitie
Bent Up – Fki feat. Natasha Mosley
Rocket Ship – Dragonette
Zero Gravity – Kerli
My Soul – Ugly Kids Club
Somebody To Love – Rusko
Only Fields – Graph Rabbit
O.J. – 50 Cent feat. Kidd Kidd
Faster Horses – MNDR
Stay Awhile – Belle Histoire
Rained The Whole Time (Nicolas Jaar Remix) – Shlohmo
Grapevine Valentine – Kingsfoil
Ocean Floor For Everything – How To Dress Well
Game of Thrones Freestyle – Gotye feat. Dice Raw
Dark Star – Poliҫa
Lucky Struggle (Notorious B.I.G vs. Lana Del Rey) – Terry Urban
Default – Django Django
Oh Thee 73 – Felix
Bound To Let You Go – Wild Adriatic
Lotion – Dead and Divine
Some Nights – Fun.
Bloody Mary – Dice Raw
My Dreams Have Withered and Died – Angel Olsen & Marissa Nadler
Lover of the Light – Mumford & Sons
When I Am Alone – Natalie Prass and Among Savages
Total Recall – Flosstradamus
Sleep Alone (BeatauCue Remix) – Two Door Cinema Club
My Crown – 50 Cent
I See Hell – Skerrit Bwoy
Spaghetti – BBU feat. Mic Terror
Down – The Birthday Massacre
Rattler’s Revival – The Toadies
Soma (Acoustic) – 10 Years
King Wizard – Kid Cudi
Harakiri – Serj Tankian
Over it – Colin Munroe
She Did Not Know – Linus Pauling Quartet
Ball of Fire – The Orb
Breezeblocks – Alt-J
The Heart Asks Pleasure First – Nightwish
Waiting For Godot – Janina Gavankar
Runaway Love (Stars Remix) – Diamond Rings
Black to Gold – Christian Mistress
Coney Island High – The Everymen
Hot Knife – Fiona Apple
Glue – White Lung
Booggéré – Plaster
Queen of the City – Joshua James
Igloo – Mr. MFN Exquire
Gossip Folks – Angel Haze
 
And who gets honors for best song of 2012? At 168+ plays since January, there's no contest here.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment