Wednesday 12 December 2012

Wuthering Heights, or "how to say goodbye to your pet frog"

Oh, it was an interesting evening last night.  About to go to bed, I swung by the small aquarium to add some more water form my African dwarf frogs, and immediately noticed one was missing.  To make a long story short, we found him behind the couch long dried out at two in the morning.  Thomas Stearns may be gone now, but he lives on through the weirdest thing I've ever made; a tribute video.  Yes, I had enough pictures to do so.

So what's this got to do with music?  I chose my latest favourite song of the moment for the backing track, "Wuthering Heights" by 80's English pop darling Kate Bush.  Weird for a video about a frog?  Yes.  But I don't care too much about how weird I am today.  There's also a decent cover of the song done by rockers China Drum, which I actually found before the original.  So let's all honor Thomas Stearns by listening to music that references the work of the Bronte sisters.  Good show.



No comments:

Post a Comment