Wednesday 19 December 2012

Amy Winehouse - You Know I'm No Good

So I'm officially done this semester's exams, and will be back home in the throes of the country this time tomorrow.  How should I celebrate?  The Amy Winehouse way, of course!  Well...kind of.  This is just a lame attempt at me trying to justify the queue of songs I have lined up to feature.  "You Know I'm No Good" came up one day during a peruse through the library, and with Back To Black being the albums of hers I am less familiar with (Frank is the true gem), it reignited my attention enough to make the list.  She might be gone, but she's still got it.

"You Know I'm No Good" is indicative Amy Winehouse: smooth jazz, smokey vocals, and a little life that makes this accessible to those suspicious of the genre.  Jazz can be good, people.  You may know Amy Winehouse is no good, but her music was, and always will be.  This track doesn't have the popularity of "Rehab" and may carry the reminder of her death, but we can't appreciate music if we let other things outshine the beauty.

I cheated myself like I knew I would
I told you I was trouble, you know that I'm no good

No comments:

Post a Comment