Sunday 30 December 2012

Chevelle - Prima Donna

This year, it was difficult to narrow down one album that I enjoyed the most.  I know Hats Off To The Bull didn't come out in 2012, but I didn't get it until late 2011.  As well, it's my blog, so I make the rules.  Chevelle did something great with their last album, and it's evident from the amount of songs I've blogged about from it (perhaps the most songs from one album, but don't quote me on that one).  Maybe it's fitting to give the last single song feature to one of the tracks, and a dull snowy day like today calls for something acoustic with understated beauty.

"Prima Donna" is exactly that.  While the Loeffler clan has mastered powerful alternative rock, they've also got a delicate side that comes out with the acoustic guitar.  It's a sleeper track of Hats Off To The Bull, and while emanating a somber atmosphere, it is also a sweet little ditty that proves the band is capable of more than one style.  And you know what I say: you don't have to be loud to be powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment