Sunday 17 March 2013

A Plot To Boycott Rihanna

Yesterday evening, I knew this post had to be made.  I even did some research to find that others are taking the same steps that I am, and I can only recommend that you do as well.

So there's Rihanna.  I'm personally not a big fan of her music.  I'll give her the Umbrella era and a few things before, but if you can release a song like "California King Bed" and be able to sleep at night, you are not a musician.  You've sold out long ago.  My reason to boycott her actually stems from her personal life.  We all remember a few years ago when Chris Brown beat the living shit out of her.  It was everywhere.  There was even a picture of her released that sickened me.  Any man who hits a woman isn't getting anywhere near me.  Needless to say, I've boycotted him long ago (though did I really have to?  His music sucks).

Now they're back together.

Rihanna, if you want to be a role model to your young fans (they exist, believe me), then why start seeing the man who punched you in the face?  Why encourage the same behavior in your fans?  You can give me shit about fans not being that impressionable, but some are.  Would anyone condone that behavior?  I hope not, but Rihanna is.  I don't give it long before the same kind of incident happens again due to that arrogant bastard.  I'm tempted to tweet him rude things about how he should grow up to see if I'll get some poorly-constructed sentences thrown back.

The point is: it's not okay to hit a woman.  It's also not okay to go back to the man that hit you.  For this reason, I'm removing my post on "Man Down" and will never feature anything by Rihanna again.

No comments:

Post a Comment