Monday 25 March 2013

Disturbed - The Night

I regret not putting Indestructible on my Top 10 Albums list now.  I've fallen back in love with the album, just as I did in the tenth grade.  While you could make an argument for Ten Thousand Fists, the dark undertones, epic tracks and even more epic guitar work made it the best Disturbed album ever.  "Criminal" is my forever favourite, but "The Night" also owns a piece of my heart.

The melody and power behind "The Night" makes it an alternative metal work of art.  It takes place somewhere dark, but there's nothing wrong with that.  David Draiman laments give in to the night, after all.  I'd give into it in a heartbeat if it's anything like this.  There can be no better way of knowing.  The chorus is a killer, the lyrics speak volumes, and the instrumental work belongs in some kind of heavy metal symphony.  Listening to "The Night" takes me a different world, where we all headbang to ease our frustrations and the black sky glitters with stars.  Take my rambling as proof that this shit is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment