Saturday 2 March 2013

Anthony Hamilton & Elayna Boynton - Freedom

I really hope you've seen Django Unchained.  If you haven't then you're missing out the reason Christoph Waltz and Mr. Tarantino each won their second Oscars.  Don't even get me started on the soundtrack.  Well, because you asked...yesterday I was on the subject of sweet indie that could fit in with Kimya Dawson and Juno.  Today, it's tracks from the wild west fit for Django.  You've got the western numbers, soulful cowboy tunes, and even some rap for the hip-hop enthusiasts.  Then there's this, from soul singer Anthony Hamilton and the hard-to-search Elayna Boynton.

"Freedom" may not be the main theme of the movie, but it's got Django down pat.  Hamilton and Boynton sing over bells, guitar and light piano work, interlacing verses, choruses and all that fun stuff to create something brilliant.  I am looking for freedom, and I'm also looking to keep listening to this as long as I can.  "Freedom" is rich with soul and life, and with a message of searching for the illusive freedom, you know it can't be far away.

Okay, you've now all been musically freed.

No comments:

Post a Comment