Tuesday 12 March 2013

School of Seven Bells - Connjur



My favourite psych-noise poppers are back on the blog for today's post!  I'll always have a soft spot for School of Seven Bells, because without them, I wouldn't be as far into the electro genre as I am right now.  This is my second tribute to the duo-sometimes-trio and all of the wonderful things they do, in the form of a review on "Connjur."  It's a little quicker than my forever fave "Iamundernodisguise," but still has that psychedelic pop quality to it.  "Connjur" is something sweet, like a slew of my favourite songs, but it's unconventional.  Mainstream?  Hardly, but the hipster in me wouldn't have it any other way.  Also listen closely to the lyrics, they're good ones: how does someone with nothing end up with so much to show for it? for starters.  So get on today's assignment, if you haven't gotten to La Dispute yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment