Wednesday 13 March 2013

Hopesfall - Secondhand Surgery

If you're a fan of that post-hardcore-alternative sound, then by god, have I found the band of your dreams.  Well, Hopesfall and I go way back, actually.  I got Magnetic North when I was in high school and have been listening away since.  You could even say that this is the band that fueled my love of lush rock, and now, they come your way.  I had some trouble picking what song from the album to feature, but ultimately decided on the one that always has a few lyrics stuck in my head.  I present "Secondhand Surgery."

I'm slowly thinking of switching your head with my body.

There is definitely an art behind "Secondhand Surgery."  It's lush, lyrical and nothing too hard on the ears.  From what I've read, Magnetic North was a departure from earlier Hopesfall material, but I quite like this sound.  It has a dark beauty to it, and the images give me chills.  Not many bands can sing of switching bodies and make it pretty.  "Secondhand Surgery" isn't just pretty, it's beautiful.

I hear and chase them off the rooftops and the walls, and it feels like there's something in the walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment