Sunday 24 March 2013

Hollywood Undead - Another Way Out

I was home for reading week this year, and during that time I had an excursion to the mall with my siblings.  While browsing the shelves at HMV, my sister asked if I'd bought the new Hollywood Undead album yet.  No, I told her.  So she bought Notes From the Underground along with something by Phil Phillips...but the latter is another matter entirely.  I do like the group's new work, but the album as a whole isn't anything too groundbreaking as I thought with "Dead Bite."  Even so, I found a handful of tracks that I like a lot, among them: "Another Way Out."

"Another Way Out" is a short, peppy hip-hop-alternative track that is along the lines of Hollywood Undead's bread and butter.  The song is a mood-booster, a bit of a pump-up track, but makes you wish there was another way out.  Hollywood Undead has mastered the art of beautiful mismatching song tone with lyrical tone, and it's their strongest suit (like "Bullet").  I'm still going to be a fan for a long time, there's no doubt about that, but I'm expecting a stronger track selection for their next album.  Boys, you've been challenged.

No comments:

Post a Comment