Friday 1 March 2013

We Were Bears - Baby Animals

I've made references to "Juno music" before.  It's indie stuff that sounds like it belongs on the soundtrack for Juno (one of the best soundtracks ever, in my humble opinion).  We Were Bears falls into this category.  They're an English three-piece that you probably haven't heard of, but you're missing out, my friend.  "Baby Animals" comes off their Paws For Effect EP, which came my way via a post on Tumblr, and as far as I know, it's still free to download.  Most of the songs in this collection are rather short, but this one is the longest, and it is adorable.  It's a sweet story of friendship and perhaps love that lies beneath it, sun over a light acoustic guitar with a few claps throughout.  This is what pretty indie is, and always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment