Sunday 31 March 2013

Epica - Delirium

I picked up Epica's Requiem for the Indifferent a few weeks ago, the same day I got Ensiferum's Unsung Heroes.  It was a good buy by my standards, and Simone Simons kills it on the whole album.  Absolutely kills it, people.  It's a big mix of opera-rock-symphonic metal with a few softer tracks.  The latter is what you get from me today, and I find it fitting for a quiet Easter Sunday in the apartment.

"Delirium" leans on the piano, and sounds a bit like it would fit into some kind of slaying-dragons fantasy movie; for the quieter scenes, of course.  Simone is a powerhouse when she wants to be, but I like this side of her too.  It's delicate, but she's still going full-force on "Delirium."  Epica even has my favourite theme, hope, worked into the track.  So, I highly recommend you pick up the album and get on it, people.  I definitely don't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment