Wednesday 20 March 2013

Nightwish - The Siren

It's been a while since I posted any Nightwish...so, here's some now!  "The Siren" comes off of Once, so that means we've got Tarja doing lead vocal work.  My favourite Marco is still here, though, and together they create a conversation sung between a deadly siren and lost seaman.  The lyrics say it all (I tied my hands to the wheel) and Tarja's aria during Marco's parts cements the story in stone.  It really brings the story to life.  Then there are the instrumentals...drool-worthy with an electric violin and sitar thrown into the mix.  Nightwish never disappoints me with their music, and this far into my obsession, I'm still finding new favourites from old gems.  Some things never change, and hopefully they never do.

No comments:

Post a Comment