Thursday 2 May 2013

Stereopony - Hitohira No Hanabira

Now, I know I've been MIA for a few days, but no need to worry any longer.  I'm back.

I've recently been getting into some Japanese alt music because of the videos Youtube has been suggesting for me.  Now, I'm a firm believer in music transcending languages.  I don't speak a lick of Japanese, but there's something about "Hitohira No Hanabira" that I get.  In English "One Flower Petal," but I wouldn't want a translated version.  Stereopony does a good job with the female alternative genre, and make it terribly catchy to boot.  I've gotten one of my roommates addicted to "Hitohira No Hanabira" too.  Now, even though this track is a little peppy, the lyrics are a little dark, circling around relationship issues without being too cliché.  It's perfect, so to say.

Also, funny story, I hooked my ipod up to my dad's truck via the good ol' cassette adapter and when "Hitohira No Hanabira" came on, my boyfriend knew it was from an anime but unfortunately couldn't think of which one.  It was Bleach, for the anime fans who read my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment