Friday 15 July 2011

Little Tybee - Passion Seekers

For the Georgia band that offers listeners a breezy blend of folk and a hint of jazz, "Passion Seekers" was an easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy choice for a single.  I found it on the MuchMusic website a few months ago, so here's hoping that it gives Little Tybee the popularity it deserves.  Unless you're a native of their hometown, you probably haven't heard this kind of music before.  It's a fresh alternative to the boyish indie that's been clogging my laptop since May.  The sultry tempo of "Passion Seekers" takes you to a warm beach at sunset.  Slow dancing is encouraged.

Yes, "Passion Seekers" qualifies as beautiful.  If you listen to this and think it's ugly and gritty, you're not listening well enough.  There's the quiet strum of an acoustic guitar, an arrangement of strings and a voice you've probably only heard at the end of classic Disney movies.  Okay, I'll explain.  If you've seen the Rescuers, you probably remember the song from the opening credits, when the message in the bottle is floating through the water.  Little Tybee's "Passion Seekers" reminds me of that, but less sorrowful and more loving.  I think I know which movie I'll be watching tonight...

The point?  Oh yeah.  If you haven't heard of Little Tybee before reading this, you need to go to itunes, type their name into the search bar, and spend every red cent you have on their songs and albums.  I recommend "Humorous To Bees", which offers another gem that will be making an appearance soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment