Sunday 22 July 2012

Blood - In This Moment

This weekend I've been dealing with a head-splitting migraine, and this morning it's coupled with a terrible wine-induced hangover.  It's going to be a fun day ahead.  Though I'm prone to shy away from metal when the headaches strike, there are a few cases in which it's worth it.  Case in point: In This Moment's latest single, "Blood."  Maria Brink, just keep doing things like this forever.

"Blood" is evidence that Maria Brink knows how to put every ounce of emotion into her words.  It's a harsher track, definitely not for the popheads or rap fanatics that read my blog, but fellow metalheads will be over the moon.  The guitars are strong, the lyrics are something else (I hate you for the way you smile when you look at me, I hate you for never taking control of me) and Maria's reinforced her position on my Top 10 women in metal list.  And hell, if metal's not your thing, why not still take a listen?  Branch out a bit, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment