Friday 6 July 2012

Said The Spider To The Fly - The Paper Chase

I seem to find new music in every possibly way these days.  Over on Deviantart I'm adminning a musical-prompt-a-day group for the time being.  One day, a suggestion came my way from a band I've never heard of before.  The Paper Chase (sometimes the pAper chAse).  Wikipedia states that they haven't been a band since 2010, and it's always unfortunate to discover a band after they've broken up, but "Said The Spider To The Fly" is a good jumping-off point for a band that once was a little bit of everything.

"Said The Spider To The Fly" is a little avant-garde, a touch of punk and alternative, part jazz, and all good.  Lead singer John Congleton reminds me of a noisier Andrew Volpe who is bent on outshining the latter.  And hell, he does a good job of it.  Instrumentals?  One minute in and I'm already craving some thumping piano.  Lyrics?  I want your head, I want your wicked parts, I want to ring out your evil thoughts, I want to eat out your evil heart.  And it only gets better from there.  Just think of The Paper Chase as a noisy Ludo.  In layman's terms: this shit's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment