Sunday 8 July 2012

Send His Love To Me - PJ Harvey

Some good fortune, being in the right place at the right time, led me to find PJ Harvey's definitive To Bring You My Love at Value Village last year.  Now that has to be one of my favourite $3 buys.  And to think I almost bought it off Amazon for $11?  Sometimes I surprise even myself.  And sometimes Lady PJ surprises me.  She's a queen on the acoustic guitar, simply put.  I could have gone with the obvious "Down By The Water," but there's something magical about "Send His Love To Me."

You've got a few things here.  Lady PJ's stunning vocals.  Lyrics you'll immediately want to look up and make a tweet or Facebook status.  An acoustic guitar you'd kill for.  "Send His Love To Me" is just the perfect song.  It sounds like the Wilson sisters' older sibling who knows a few more things about the acoustic route.  PJ, you've made To Bring You My Love the soundtrack to my whole life (I have a feeling I've said this before about another album, but screw that).

No comments:

Post a Comment