Thursday 12 July 2012

Clones - Chevelle

Hats Off To The Bull continues to grow on me with each passing listen.  I can't help but keep finding a new favourite there.  The Loefflers know how to make a fantastic album, I suppose.  Early statements about it not being as good as others were premature.  Now, I mean everything I say.  The latest edition to the growing list of favourites is "Clones," a track that reminds me of a darker "Send the Pain Below."  The undertones of the song are what will get you.  Pete's voice has changed since Wonder What's Next, and it's evident in "Clones" that he's still harboring a lot of power.  The guitars are drool-worthy, the drums pound, and then there are the lyrics.  You're just a clone of them.  "Clones" is no carbon copy.  It's Chevelle's sound in a brand new way.  So what the fuck are you waiting for?

PS - Iron Maiden concert in two days!  I'm getting my hands on one of the Canadian tour shirts as soon as I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment