Monday 16 July 2012

Total Recall - Flosstradamus

I know Monday's should be about my playlists and Top 10s, but I have the computer, so I make the rules.  Also, this song is worth throwing out routine.  Throw it right out the window today, people!  Flosstradamus (a.k.a DJs J2K and Autobot) are electronic gods as far as my standards go, joining the ranks of Diplo, Rusko and the like.  "Total Recall" comes from this year's EP of the same name, and is what you might call a sci-fi-electro-epic.  This isn't what dreams are made of, this is what dark matter is made of.

"Total Recall" could pass as a club number, especially with the right artist at the helm of the remix ship, but I prefer it in its original state.  It's a cross between 2001: A Space Odyssey and dance music.  It's the soundtrack to a modern, pure science fiction movie that I wouldn't mind writing.  It could be the beeps, the eerie computerized vocals or the sputtering snare sounds, but "Total Recall" is the music you'd float around in when in zero gravity.  What more can I say about something so brilliant?

Listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment