Wednesday 25 July 2012

Bebe Black - I'll Wait

Lyrics here to those looking for them.

Since I'm stuck in a chair with a debilitating migraine today, I considered if I should feature a song that related to my current situation, but instead decided to stick to the roster.  Today's selection is a quieter song, and anything quiet right now is good in my book.  The UK's Bebe Black came to my library via rcrdlbl a few weeks ago with her own brand of folky-piano pop music, and I've been hooked to "I'll Wait" ever since.

As quiet as I might think "I'll Wait" is, it's still packing some power.  Ms. Black has a nice voice...a very nice voice.  She's also an interesting musical artist, not like the pop stars circulating through the music scene these days.  "I'll Wait" is a unique song about waiting on someone to change, when it's likely to never happen.  It's sad, it's heartbreaking, and it's stunningly beautiful.  The second verse is a knockout, so watch out for that.  Why wait any longer?

No comments:

Post a Comment