Friday 13 July 2012

Rocket Ship - Dragonette

I've known of Dragonette since they broke onto the music scene back in the mid-2000's, but they only began to crawl onto my radar with DJ collabs such as "Fire In Your New Shoes" and "Hello" (the latter...that's my jam).  Now I've fallen in love and developed a girl crush on lead singer Martina Sorbara, and am anxious to get my hands on their third album, Bodyparts when it comes out later this summer.  At least they're releasing singles now, and while "Let It Go" may be the obvious choice, "Rocket Ship" has quickly become the song that my brother groans not again! whenever it comes on the laptop.

"Rocket Ship" is pure electropop with rather subdued choruses and a powerhouse of a chorus.  Allow someone to remix this, and I guarantee a thumping club number.  But on its own, "Rocket Ship" becomes the everyday pop I crave.  Catchy?  Hell yes.  Infectious?  We have an epidemic on our hands, people.  Miss at your own risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment