Wednesday 4 July 2012

Storm The Sorrow - Epica

Let's get back into the female-fronted-symphonic-metal swing of things again, shall we?  On the roster today is Epica, hailing from the Netherlands and have been on my radar on and off for the last little bit.  After all, there are a lot of symphonic bands out there.  It's hard to keep everyone in one place at once.  But their new "Storm The Sorrow" from March's Requiem for the Indifferent struck a chord (or cord, however the saying goes) with me.  It has that different sound that I like to find in symphonic metal.  Me likey.

Simone Simon's vocals are the focus of "Storm The Sorrow" and saying otherwise would just be a big fat lie on your part.  She's on my Top 10 Females in Metal list, you know.  Of course she has to have a good voice.  "Storm The Sorrow" has a catchy element to it, and it doesn't come off as too operatic for my liking.  It's that nice balance between the subgenre and the genre as a whole.  Symphonic metal, easy on the symphonic.  Once again, me likey.

No comments:

Post a Comment