Wednesday 6 February 2013

Amaranthe - The Nexus

I have some guilty pleasure music, which falls within the boundaries of addicting but not some of the best stuff I listen to.  Billy Talent is in there, and so in Amaranthe.  Now, there's nothing wrong with being a guilty pleasure artist.  I think if Amaranthe was a little heavier, then they would be a normal fave of mine, but I don't mind things being the way they are.  This melodic metal is still in my good graces.

Their new single "The Nexus" came out a few weeks ago, and they're signature high-energy riffs and lyrics with three vocals styles intertwined.  Elize Ryd is still a metal darling, even though I've heard better from her before.  The boys get "The Nexus," with stellar clean vocals and death growls.  And the chorus?  Holy crap.  It's along the lines of their older work, but still fresh to your ears.  If this is a sign of more new things to come, I'm ready.  Sorry, Billy Talent, but you may not be my favourite guilty pleasure band for much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment