Friday 8 February 2013

Electrolightz - Centerpiece + Difficult (feat. Uffie)

You may say that remembering that I have "The Future" in my library prompted me to get my hands on the rest of Electrolightz' music.  If you did so, you would be right.  I downloaded both mixtapes off of their website and am more than thrilled with the choice.  After all, today is a thrilling day.  A foot of snow and cancelled classes calls for energetic electro-hip-hop to ignite the senses and get your hips swaying.

"Centerpiece" is a cheerful number that pulses with energy, stylistically opposite to "The Future."  It's a little summery (good for today) and the chorus is hella refreshing.  Rap-heavy verses offer a good contrast, and are stellar in their own right as well.  Keep on believing that you're my centerpiece.  This is a little bit of a revenge song if you look into the lyrics: since we're not together, I'm feeling better than I have before, 'cause all of this weight has been lifted ever since you hit the door.  It does have a positive spin on it, insisting time tells all, but this current situation is fine by me.

"Difficult" offers something else from the group with the help of that electro darling Uffie.  The beats are a little disjointed, like pounding on the piano, mixed in with Uffie's vocals from her song of the same name.  As with "Centerpiece," the rhymes are slick and well-crafted, but this song is hers as much as it is the boys.  It's not dancehall-energetic, but still fine electro work.  It's pretty awesome, in layman's terms.  These guys need to be heard by a wider audience, if I have anything to say about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment