Friday 1 February 2013

Fleshgod Apocalypse - The Forsaking

What does a bright sunny day call for?  Death metal.  I thrive on the contrast.  While looking through my Youtube subscriptions a few weeks ago, I stumbled upon Italy's Fleshgod Apocalypse, a death-symphonic outfit that knows a thing or two about being epic.  The symphonic element of their music, evident in the addition of the piano, makes this brand of death metal something that I can enjoy.  I can't get into that too-thrashy-doom death metal.  This is perfect.  "The Forsaking" is from back in 2010, but still sounds fresh to me three years later with a brand-spanking-new video to boot.  The symphonic side is what really drives this track forward; it's what vikings would listen to on their way into battle. 

Perhaps this is one of the many small steps I'm making in getting more and more into death metal...which right now, I have no problem with.

No comments:

Post a Comment