Tuesday 5 February 2013

Two Door Cinema Club - What You Know

I've known of this band for a bit.  They were on the radar, but Two Door Cinema Club hadn't unlocked its first feature yet.  Fast forward to this school year; my boyfriend has gotten me back into the mashups that invaded my thoughts like last year's Gaga Mixes.  I'm usually hunting Youtube for ones with Lana Del Rey these days.  Recently, one that caught my eye had "Video Games" mixed with "What You Know."  The mashup was brilliant, and compelled me to get the second half of this masterpiece.

So here we are now.  "What You Know" is infectious indie-alt-pop with an energetic electric guitar and surprisingly sweet vocals.  TDCC wins a lyrical genius award too; I can tell just what you want, you don't want to be alone has served as a caption for a few things of mine floating around on the internet.  This is feel-good indie for cold snowy days and to ease that longing feeling for something more out of the everyday.  I can take it, if it's what I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment