Thursday 7 February 2013

Anchor & Braille - Knew Then Know Now

Today is already an interesting one.  It's good, don't get me wrong, but interesting.  My only class was cancelled, I got my second DD over on Deviantart, and now...we mark a milestone.  Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is post 500.  We've been through our ups and downs over the last near-two years, but we're here now.  I could rattle off a weird acceptance speech and wonder what I did to get this far without giving up, but it's really in thanks to those who read my work.  For that, I thank you.

Now, to the music.  As promised, every 100 posts is marked with brilliant music that sits above average.  This one comes courtesy of my brother; even though he's a classic-rock-nut, he's lately been sending me a lot of obscure indie music.  Anchor & Braille was new to me.  Turns out, they're a group from Nashville that sounds like a good One Republic (or, One Republic back when they were good).

"Know Then Know Now" has that pretty-indie-minimal-electro feel to it.  It's a demure track that's still packing heat behind the airy vocals and light guitar work.  And the message is clear: you will have regrets, but things are meant to work out the way that they do.  Where you end up, nobody knows.  As well, life works out the way it should.  Well, things have worked out so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment