Monday 18 February 2013

Norah Jones - Lonestar

Just as we've gone too long without Dead and Divine, we've been without Norah Jones and need more of her in our lives.  I still need to get her new album, but with the previous four in my hands, I'll be happy until the day comes that it's mine.  "Lonestar" appeared on her Top 10 list, and with good reason.  It's a little (just enough) country with that strumming acoustic guitar, but her vocals are the star of this ditty.  Along with "Don't Know Why," it's a perfect introduction to Miss Jones if you haven't gotten into her already.  Well, Come Away With Me is just perfection anyways.  Still, "Lonestar" is an easy-going track about missing your love and that you would do anything for them (I would give anything for you to shine down on me).  Country for people who don't like country, and romance for the hopeless romantics.  Sounds good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment