Wednesday 20 February 2013

Blood Stain Child - S.O.P.H.I.A

I normally stay away from Japanese metal, mostly because I find it a little too over-the-top for my tastes.  That being said, I was surprised to come across Blood Stain Child (who boast a Greek lead singer, not that you'll notice).  They're into the cyber metal genre, and while you need to be a little over-the-top to succeed in this game, it's enough for me here. 

"S.O.P.H.I.A" shares its namesake with the lead singer, and that connection isn't one to be ashamed of.  The real Sophia is a little Simone Simons, less operatic.  She's a good contrast to the growling, and gives this song a really beautiful quality.  This track is the best of the Blood Stain Child music I sampled from the same album; it's balanced, well-crafted, and it better have been a single.

No comments:

Post a Comment