Friday 14 February 2014

Caliban - Devil's Night

I guess a song called "Devil's Night" isn't really Valentine's Day appropriate, but I can't say I've ever made an appropriate Valentine's Day post in the past two years either.  And what says Valentine's Day like German metalcore?  Caliban is another band I've been aware of without really doing anything, but hearing Devil's Night from Century Media's Youtube channel really drew me into them.  "Devil's Night" is simply pure and wonderful metalcore, and it's hard to find any faults.  The sound reminds me of something like Dead and Divine but with less heavy grit and some more melody.  There is one band they really sound like, but I can't put my finger on it right now.  Either way, "Devil's Night" makes good use of growling and clean vocal contrasts, heavy guitars, and a lush chorus that really shoots some power into the whole thing.  This is more easy listening for me, but that's not a bad thing.  I could listen to "Devil's Night" every day (which I've actually been doing lately), and remind myself why I'll never tire of metalcore.

No comments:

Post a Comment