Wednesday 5 February 2014

Parlours - I Dream of Chicago

Along with Brooke Waggoner, Parlours was also on Noisetrade's "Best of 2013" list, though the more I think about that, the longer ago it seems.  But here's some sweet indie for you now.  Parlours is an indie pop five-piece out of Des Moines, and perhaps the second best band to ever come out of the city (you know who the first is, deep inside, you've always known).  The entire EP I downloaded is full of lovely and sweet little tracks that really strike an emotional chord with the listener.  There's nothing generic about Parlours, they've got the touch.  Example A: "I Dream of Chicago."

I'd probably be dreaming of Chicago too if I was living in Des Moines, but the track itself is one of traveling the world, but always regretting what were you weren't able to do before it began.  Vocalists Dana Halferty and James Peterson (or Steve Bergeron...I don't know which male vocalist is which at this stage in my obsession) kind of remind me of a folkier version of Stars, along with more acoustic guitar and less keyboard and synths.  All in all, "I Dream of Chicago" is sweet, delicate, lovely...all those words that you would use to describe something that's simply perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment