Tuesday 25 February 2014

Tina Dico - Count To Ten

I'm back!  It was a long, but very nice week at home for reading week...and schoolwork in the last semester always seems to creep up on me in piles.  But I'm here now, and that's what's really important.  I can't hold out on the good music any longer.  What better way than to come back from a hiatus with some moody alt-indie?  Tina Dico is the artist of the day, a lovely Danish singer-songwriter with smokey vocal work that can seemingly do no wrong.  I had no idea she even existed until I heard "Count To Ten."  The combination of an acoustic guitar and minimalist piano is a nice and dark combination...think of a modern interpretation of Stevie Nicks, but with a dark twist.  "Count To Ten" is likely the best song you've never heard, I guarantee it.  The atmosphere (along with Tina's vocals) is what really makes this song stellar...it's moody, and it's a little dark, but it's also not too much.  A little goes a long way, or in the case of "Count To Ten," a little goes a long way, and then comes right back at you strong than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment