Tuesday 11 February 2014

Dominic Lord - Old English

Dominic Lord, who's been around this neck of the woods before, is just one of those rappers that continually surprises you.  I appreciate his approach, I have to say.  He's got a little bit of a Kid Cudi vibe going on, but he's more about a minimal-art-somber kind of rap.  I quite like it.  Quite.  "Old English" has those mysterious piano notes in the background, along with some lovely bird chirping that kind of makes you want to be in a foggy English country house, but maybe that's me.  Dominic Lord kind of reminds me of GLC in "Angry Birds" here, but what "Old English" has is a more artful approach.  It's slick, but it definitely doesn't fall short in the whimsy category.  The rapping itself has that lovely melancholy feel that gets me every time, and it fits in right with the beats and that piano.  Dominic Lord, I can't wait to see how you'll surprise us next.

No comments:

Post a Comment