Monday 3 February 2014

Kanye West - Guilt Trip

I'm sure there will be one day when I finish going through Yeezus, but let's not worry about that right now, because there's still a ways to go.  Today's song is "Guilt Trip," a little something reminiscent of Kanye's 808s & Heartbreak days with those electro beats, samples and tuned voices, so you can expect that I like it.  However, for an electro-tinged rap song, "Guilt Trip" fittingly has a very somber kind of feel to it, and somber rap is some of the best rap out there.  The whimsical sampled bits (by Kid Cudi, if I'm not mistaken) and pieces also give the track something darker, but you'd expect that from this album.  "Guilt Trip" doesn't have the aggressive-in-your-face moments that some of the other tracks on the album have, but it does have a different side to Kanye within the words and production.  This is the Kanye I fell in love with during 808s & Heartbreak, and I'm glad to see he's back in this incarnation.

If you love me so much, then why'd you let me go?

No comments:

Post a Comment