Saturday 1 February 2014

Tribes - We Were Children

"We Were Children" by London's Tribes falls into the category of songs I sat on for more than a year and then rediscovered by accident thanks to the library being on shuffle.  This seems to be a recurring pattern now that I really think about it, but I suppose that's what comes with 8500 songs to my name.  And we're here now with Tribes, so that's what matters now.  "We Were Children" is a lush and organic alternative track that sounds exactly like it's come out of the London alt scene.  I definitely wouldn't call it generic either, because "We Were Children" is refreshing to what we see now, and it breathes life into a genre where it can hard to do just that.  Following the perils of growing up while remembering the fond past, we get a track that's as easy to relate as it lush, and that's a winning combination for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment