Wednesday 26 February 2014

Torres - Honey

It took some digging, but I found Torres.  We'll move away from dark acoustic indie and look at some alternative indie today, from Nashville's Mackenzie Scott, who goes by the previously mentioned moniker in her music.  I got "Honey" some time ago, though I'm not sure from where.  Maybe Rcrd Lbl (RIP), who knows?  What matters is I have it.  For a young artist (only one year older than me), Torres is well beyond her years, and "Honey" isn't the sweet little something you may be expecting.  It's a little bit gritty and fuzzy, with a hint of California rock to it (like if there was only one member of Bleached, amirite?), and vocals that remind me of Alanis Morissette with a hit of indie.  It almost has a little 90's throwback if we're moving along those lines, because I don't come across music like this very often these days.  Torres....you've got it.

Everything hurts, but it's fine, happens all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment