Thursday 27 February 2014

Phildel - Storm Song

We're almost through our stretch of indie, so stay with me here!  Now, from alternative indie, we move on to something a little more whimsical with Phildel, a London singer-songwriter who I found through yet another Tumblr playlist...possibly the same one where I found Ingrid Michaelson's "In The Sea," because I seemed to find a lot of water-and-storm-themed songs around that time.  But I can't complain, because "Storm Song" is quite fantastic.  It sounds like a funky Dido/Metric song, if I can say that, but Phildel is pretty unique in her own right.  If "Storm Song" is a tempest, it's one I wouldn't mind getting stuck in.  It's a strange blend of pop and alternative indie that's chock full of whimsy and wonder.  Really, listening to it is like listening to a storm.  The verses are the tender moments between the clap of thunder that's the chorus.  It's beautiful, and worth digging up for your own pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment