Tuesday 21 June 2011

Eminem - Cinderella Man

"Recovery" just might be Eminem's best piece of work yet.  Listening to his raps takes me back to the gangster phase I went through, when I put his songs on repeat on my CD player since my parents wouldn't buy me one of his albums.  Grammy Nominee compilations would have to suffice.  Of the many high notes of his new album, I chose to feature "Cinderella Man."

It begins with you know technically, I'm not really supposed to be here right now, so might as well make the most of it.  Eminem makes the most of it, there's no doubt, and then some.  His verses are reminiscent of the 8 Mile era, broken up by the title repeated by a chorus.  He does here what he does best, mixing together raw emotions and a good beat.

I used to doubt that Eminem could be what he used to, especially after listening to "Relapse" (recommendation, do not buy or listen to it.  it's as simple as that).  Tracks from "Recovery" like "Cinderella Man" give him redemption.  He's not going anywhere for a while, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment