Saturday 25 June 2011

Glee Cast - Rolling In The Deep

There is something about a capella that makes song that are already breathtaking a little more magical.  Case in point: Glee's Lea Michele and Jonathan Groff's interpretation of Adele's "Rolling in the Deep."

Stripped down the bare minimum, Lea Michele begins with a softer-than-her-average-introduction there's a fire starting in my heart, reaching a fever pitch and it's bringing me out the dark.  Then, in comes Glee's most devious and perhaps best character, played by Groff.  The two were almost meant to exclusively sing together, other notable powerhouse songs including "Total Eclipse of the Heart" and "Hello."  What sets apart "Rolling in the Deep" from their other duets?  The lack of theatrical background music, or the lack of any music at all.  All that accompanies them in the deep is the hum of a chorus.

I describe myself as a bit of a Gleek.  My sister and I have the series' entire discography in our possession, and know the show inside and out.  The cover of "Rolling in the Deep" stands out as one of the series' best.  No, it is the best.  There is no contest, though I'm more than anxious to see what they give me in season three.

No comments:

Post a Comment