Tuesday 14 June 2011

Mika - Love Today

I thank my sister for this one.  I'd picked her up from school and she'd put one of her CDs on to listen to.  "Love Today" came on, and the rest is history.  It took me a while to admit to myself that I needed this song in my library.  I'd forget about it now and again, but some part of it would always worm its way back into my head.  At one point, it was in my head for three days straight (nearly a new record).  Eventually I got my hands on the CD and finally gave Mika a chance.

In as little as two days, I knew all of the words.

In my defense, "Love Today" is a song that you need to know all the words to, even the opening do dadadeedadee.  Still, whenever that CD comes on in the family van, and it reaches track 7 before someone can change it, my sister and I will sing along with Mika's enthusiasm.  This is exactly how pop should be done.  Pop for people who don't like pop.  "Love Today" is infectious, though it is an illness that you never want to be cured. 

No comments:

Post a Comment