Wednesday 22 June 2011

AWOLNATION - Sail

A good friend of mine suggested "Sail" for me to take a listen to, unsure if I would like it.  Little did she know, it combines my new favourite genre, electronic, with hints of alternative that fit seamlessly together.  With a fitting title, "Sail" transports you to a boat bobbing up and down on an otherworldly ocean.  I'm a fan of the noise-heavy chorus and the haunting hum of a chorus in the background, not to mention the growl of the song's title.

Project frontman Aaron Bruno offers a crossover of genres that proves to be both effective and catchy.  Upon listening to "Sail" for approximately thirty or so seconds, I became intrigued by what he was doing to change music, and was interested in hearing more.  So AWOLNATION, prepare to be sampled into oblivion by this blogger.

What does the suggestion of "Sail" prove?  Simply put, where would we be without suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment