Friday 7 October 2011

Arise & Ruin - End of the Road

Is there such this as fun hardcore?  There is now.  I've been a busy bumble bee this week, running around the city and studying the society of pre-Imperial Russia.  Fun stuff.  Even more fun?  A good metal song that comes on my ipod that has a knack for getting me out of a funk.  "End of the Road" does just that, and comes from the now defunct Guelph, Ontario metalcore act Arise & Ruin. 

A song that's entirely screamed is something I tread carefully.  It can be done well, or it can become a mess of metal.  "End of the Road" is just throat, splayed against some fantastic guitar work, and works like no other.  This makes me look to the heavens and wonder WHY ARE THEY BROKEN UP?  This is metalcore done better than nearly every other act I've heard.  Listen closely and you might be able to make out some fantastic lyrical work:

This world had been a never ending battle of good and evil.
I've searched far and wide for the answers to your treason.
Solidarity amongst man is crucial for survival.
Across this everlasting plain this road comes to an end.


Note to all metalcore bands: if you're good, DO NOT BREAK UP.

No comments:

Post a Comment