Thursday 20 October 2011

School of Seven Bells - Iamundernodisguise (Alternate Version)

A little more than a year ago, I was enlightened by the entity that is rcrdlbl, source of all music that's too good to be true...yet is.  The first rcrdlbl artist that I became momentarily endeared by was the always beautiful and always haunting School of Seven Bells, now a duo of Benjamin Curtis and Alejandra Dehaza.  An older track of theirs, one that pulled me into the world of "independent indie" music, was the alternate version of "Iamundernodisguise," which isn't terribly alternate from the original.  I'm not complaining.

Some may call "Iamundernodisguise" shoegaze, some might call it indie, and some more might say this is pop (though, I don't know who).  Whatever it might be, this is brilliance.  You have no theatrics here.  All there is are the instruments and the artists behind them, crafting something that could blow the mind of the most uptight person you know.  When it happens, you'll know.

I am neither breather or speaker
I am neither walker or sleeper
I am neither sister, brother, son or daughter
So hold me in chest, is my heart a drum of water?
I am under no disguise...

No comments:

Post a Comment