Sunday 16 October 2011

Monarchy - You Don't Want To Dance With Me (Moonlight Matters Remix)

I've long lamented the idea that there is a way of doing things (music, of course) that is the way things are supposed to be done.  I'm not too such if I've ever tackled the way that dance music is supposed to be done, but if I haven't, then I am about to.  And if I did....just pretend that I never said anything.  That'll make things easier for everyone.  Monarchy team with vocalist Britt Love for the powerhouse "You Don't Want To Dance With Me," which is taken to a new level of catchy-and-overall-fun by Moonlight Madness.  Who knew two rather mysterious men from the UK could leave such an impact on the pop genre?  Well, we do have it nailed into our brains to expect the unexpected.

The original "You Don't Want To Dance With Me" is a tad more slowed down than you might expect, though still filled with fuzzy synths that don't scream 80's throwback.  More like this is the right way of doing it.  Moonlight Madness speed things up, adds  few hints of musical magic, and there you go.  Genius.  Now, the original isn't that bad, but the remix is going to knock your socks off.  Take that to the bank, but don't cash it because it'll likely bounce (blame a lengthy shopping trip in the T.O).  Point is, now and again you need a good dance song.  Another lamentation there: now and again you need something like this.  I'd be an idiot not to write something about this masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment