Wednesday 23 November 2011

Coeur de Pirate - Adieu

Though I may not speak French terribly well, I still enjoy listening to the French selections provided by itunes every week.  Once in a while one sticks out (you know what they are), and this time, it came to me in video form.  Yes, itunes also offers a free music video to download every now and again, and they are usually worth watching.  This week, I acquired the best free video that has ever presented itself to me: "Adieu" by Coeur de Pirate (that translates to "pirate heart").  If you thought French songs were beautiful before, wait until you watch them.

Beginning with the song by itself, "Adieu" is short and sweet ditty by Quebecois Beatrice Martin, who I by the way might have a girl crush on.  Let's admit one thing.  She has style, and I love the tattoos and hair.  Gah.  Don't tell the BF.  Anyways, "Adieu" comes from her second album and is a little peppy and you could probably even dance to it if you wanted.  Let's say that it falls somewhere between pop and indie.  I was able to find the lyrics online, to find that "Adieu" is about what you think it is.  Goodbyes.  Look at the chorus, in English:

But say goodbye to me tomorrow
But say goodbye to me on the way
Go and see the others, I don't think anything of it
I loved you and I assure you it's the end

On a final note...the video.  Watch it.  It's good.  Who doesn't like explosions of confetti and watermelons?  Adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment