Thursday 24 November 2011

Glee Cast - Rose's Turn

There's one thing about Glee that I have to point out: SEASON THREE IS A BIG PIECE OF GARBAGE.  Sorry, I had to go there.  There are too many flaws for me to enjoy it, and the song selection hasn't been terribly great.  Luckily, I still have the great taste of season one in my mouth, as well as the generally positive feeling of season two still hanging around.  Yeah, season one still owns all.  I still like when old selections come on my ipod or computer, and one that consistently makes me musically happy is Chris Colfer's rendition of "Rose's Turn" from the musical Gypsy.

Now this...this is magic.

Colfer brings a large amount of emotion into this cover, performed in a scene following his character's feeling of coming in second to his new step-brother.  But enough of the storyline.  This is why the boy won a Golden Globe.  I wish he was one of my bffs.  Those vocals, those theatrics...everything fits perfectly, with a few changes to the original lyrics.  Selections from musicals suit Colfer's unique vocals, and I wish Glee would go back to doing things this way rather than the Top 40 tracks that seem to have taken over season three.  I'm drooling by the last note of this song.  Always.  No, it may not be for the metal fans, or the alternative junkies, but I feature this because it is one of the high points in the entire series.  Still give it a listen if you're leery.  After all, this is music for music lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment