Thursday 10 November 2011

A Shattered Hope - A Man's Loss

I'm the person who is always hunting down good music, but sometimes, good music finds you.  California metalcore outfit A Shattered Hope found me on Twitter (which is by the way @LauraKRad) through my Dead and Divine suggestions.  I wasn't sure if I could come up with a song to post today, but this is a band that's worth featuring.  After all, that's why we're here.  Well, that is to discover new favourites.  All of the sickos looking for vag pics can look elsewhere.  Anyways....A Shattered Hope.  Yes.  Imagine, if you will, putting the great Dallas Green on drums, but still letting him sing.  Throw in Matt Tobin, still on lead, and mix the elements of both of their bands into one great package.  And you have a band from California...the Canada of the south.

The song?  "A Man's Loss" is a metalcore fan's dream.  I'm literally surprised I haven't stumbled upon it before.  You have wondrous guitars, a good lead vocalist...and that drummer...he can freaking sing.  "A Man's Loss" is a jam session between D&D and Alexisonfire with a little something extra thrown in that I can't quite put my finger on.  Point is?  These guys are worth a look, and stand out in a sea of a genre that is slowly starting to sound similar throughout.  It's just fun metalcore.  What more could you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment