Sunday 13 November 2011

Kat Edmonson - Just Like Heaven (The Cure Cover)

Now this...this is beautiful music.

Taking a song first made wondrous by The Cure, Kat Edmonson puts "Just Like Heaven" on the roster with a delicate piano and instrumental section that will take you to a classy dive in the middle of the city.  Well, would dive be the right word if you're going for classy?  Anyways, I first acquired this song when I first came to rcrdlbl, and maybe it's the reason I was reeled in s quickly and furiously.  Kat Edmonson is truly a gifted musician and songstress, and if anyone says otherwise, they are a filthy liar.  "Just Like Heaven" under the influence of The Cure was, while still great, nothing like this.  This is not 80's rock, but will always be up-to-date in my eyes.

I've decided that this will be my wedding song in the far future when I decide to quit my shenanigans and settle down.  Until then, I'm content with it coming on my ipod every so often and taking me to that classy dive.  This. Is.  Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment