Wednesday 2 November 2011

Alanis Morissette - Spineless

Let's begin with the beginning:

I won't see my dear friends as much, males friends especially I'll no longer be in touch.  I'll change my hobbies to match yours.  I'll stop reading my favourite books, I won't send all this selfish time alone, I'll cater to you and hang on your every word.

No, this does not describe one of Canada's greatest songstresses, whom I first discovered ten or eleven years ago with the masterpiece Under Rug Swept.  "Spineless," a track from the hey-this-ain't-too-bad So-Called Chaos is her way of mocking the trials and tribulations of relationship that probably shouldn't exist.  Don't take that into account, and it might come off as a little worrisome, but this is what you do if you are an amazing musical artist.  "Spineless" is only the tip of the iceberg to the repertoire this wondrous woman has behind her, and I offer it to you for that reason.  Why not start off with a bang?

No comments:

Post a Comment